Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tiny Bear

Every now and again, a person comes into your life as a stranger, but is quickly transformed into a friend.  

A couple of weeks ago, I had the fantastic opportunity of setting up shop at the Holly Day Market.  The Market was incredibly successful in so many ways.  But the common thread among all the shows I've ever participated in is the extraordinary people I inevitably meet.  One of those people is the fantastically talented Maui Crane.

Yes, I am going to tell you how beautiful his artwork is.  His medium is jewelry; his canvas might be a wrist, a finger, or a decollete.
Featured on the Today Show.  Vintage lace; hand-dyed.
He let me wear this all day!  Pearls were hand-sewn, with a single pink pearl at the top center.  Love.

But the main reason I'm telling you about Maui is not just because of his jewelry, but because of his kindness.  I was a relative stranger to him, but he was offering to watch my booth, get me lunch, and even made me a Nest Ring!  And the instant he met my little ones, he brought over two necklaces from his "kiddie couture" line.  One had a football charm and the other showcased a sweet little bear holding on to a Swarovski crystal ornament (he was immediately dubbed "Tiny Bear" by my Sabrina).  I knew I was smiling, and it wasn't because of the haute new jewelry.  It was so refreshing to cross paths with a person who shows kindness just for the sake of spreading love.  

Tomorrow starts a new week!  Let's all do something nice for a total stranger and see who ends up being the one rewarded.

Today's happiness:  If you like Maui's creations, you're in luck!  On Tuesday, December 7th from 7:00-9:00 PM, The Lexington Fashion Collaborative will be showcasing some of his work at the Kentucky Theatre Gallery.  Go check it out!

No comments: