And the holidays are upon us. With all of the feasting, family, and travel, the least of your concerns may be how to tie a pretty bow. But I assume that since you are reading this, you would disagree.
The idea for this blog post came when my friend, Brandi, asked me to show her how to tie a nice, symmetrical bow for her daughter's new a La Modish dress. And so without further ado, I give to you the "secret" for tying a pretty bow.
1. Make sure that the tails of the bow are of equal lengths. If you are tying the sash (bow) on a dress, they should already be even.
2. Cross the right tail over the left. This is a very important step for keeping your bow from being wonky.
3. Pull the right tail under the left tail and up through the opening on top.
4. Make a loop with the tail that is now on the right side.
5. Place the new left tail over your loop and pull up through the opening.
6. Perfectly symmetrical bow!
Feel free to post pics of your newly found bow-tying skills on the a La Modish fan page! Not a fan? Click the facebook icon on the right, and it will take you right where you want to go.
Today's happiness: Well, pretty bows! Or the happiness that surrounds them, rather. Maybe it's on a wrapped gift, Christmas tree, antique mantle, holiday dress, or a little girl's lovely locks. Wherever you find them, you will almost always find something good and joyous.