Thursday, December 16, 2010

But what will the roosters say?!

I must say that it's been a long while since I've sewn something just for fun.  At least a month :)  But I've been a little inspirationally challenged, I guess you could say.  Feeling a little overworked and overwhelmed and ZAP!!  There went my creative itch.  Until...I realized that Christmas is less than two weeks away, and my kids don't have any homemade pajamas yet!  Oh, and I saw some super cute scotty dog fabric during my last trip to the fabric store.

Sabrina is the benefactor of a really long Christmas nightgown that features funky little pups perfectly poised for Christmas.  Gavin is going to look like a little old man in his black, green, and red plaid pajama bottoms, paired with a monogrammed robe in matching fabric.  Here is Sabrina's nightwear:
I thought this angle looked artsier, but it kind of distorts the shape of the gown.

And here it is at an angle where you can actually tell what it looks like:
If you look closely, you can see where the dogs in the center are half one color and half another.  That's where the seam is. I like that it turned out just a little "off."
So with all of the fervor over what my children will be wearing as thoughts of sugar plums are dancing in their heads, it made me laugh to myself.  I slave at the sewing machine so they look like little dolls on Christmas morning, while I intentionally dodge the camera for fear of what the early morning roosters might think of my hair.  I mean, it's not that I don't care at all.  Sometimes I even think far enough in advance to wear my hair straight on Christmas Eve to guarantee that it will still look good on Christmas Morning (Heaven forbid I mousse up my post-pregnancy curls the day before; that style has absolutely no PP {Post Pillow} longevity.)

Today's happiness:  Even if my children don't pass down all of their tediously hand made articles of love to their children, at least I'll have some satisfaction in knowing that the roosters, if not hens, were jealous of their Christmas morning digs.

No comments: