Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lovely blouse! What.....this old sheet?

Every now and again, we all need a second chance.  So too, did this 1950's fitted twin sheet that was discovered at the local Salvation Army.

It was one of those blah kinds of winter days.  The kind where you turn on all of your home's interior lights in hopes of escaping that haze of salty gray lurking out the front door.  It was blah and I was feeling extra spicy that afternoon, so I scoffed at Winter's weathered face and thought, "You can take Spring away from the girl, but you can't take the girl away from Spring!"  And on the note of spring and green, why not do a little repurposing?  And so I give to you:
Before you email to ask, no, I didn't make that wonderful pillow in the background.  Homegoods--LOVE it!
It's a blousy top that's reminiscent of a ballerina.  I envision Sabrina running through flower fields with the sun passing through its voluminous ruffles.  If only we were somewhere near flower fields!

Today's happiness:  Due to an old sheet being so sheer, I originally planned on fully lining the whole thing.  But after I cut out all of the cotton lining, I realized this would be way too HEAVY with all that lining.  So I made up a pristine all white dress out of it that looks just like this but with a third tier added for length.  If you have beach photos on your brain for this next year, it may be just the dress for your little snow beach angel.  Email me at: aLaModish@gmail.com

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Love it! So cute!

Andrea said...

Thanks, Kristie!

I checked out your blog today, and fell in love with all your Christmas decorations! I may have to call you for this year :)