Sunday, September 19, 2010

Original gift idea *alert* !

Nooooo, this isn't something made of fabric this time.  :)

Last week I found myself in need of an original gift, like pronto.  I didn't have enough time to get something off of Etsy (which I HIGHLY recommend for just about anything).  So I decided on my usual backup plan:  Artique.  But just as I was about to trek across town to peruse its array of original works, my artist friend/SIL, Shelly, called me to have lunch.  I mentioned in passing that I can meet after I go to Artique for a unique gift.  Well, the rest is history.  

This Forever Flower utilizes an old wine bottle for its vase.

I knew she made these metal flowers, but I didn't think there was any way she could have one ready for me that fast.  Now I can't guarantee that she's always able to work so speedily, but I can guarantee that the recipient will love it!  If you are interested, you can reach her at scorbett75@yahoo.com

Today's happiness:  Forever Flowers are made by repurposing reclaimed materials (copper wiring, sheet metal, etc.).  Waste not, want not!

No comments: